Help Me

I need all of your help to bwe a succesful teacher. I would appreciate any kind of feedback good or bad.

Thanks

Thursday, April 29, 2010

Final Post

My experience in my field placement was truly insightful. I learned a lot about teaching and myself. In the aspect of teaching I learned how to deal with different situations. In my class we had a child with ADD and who liked to act out. I learned how to deal with that in an affective way of calming the situation and not getting the other kids to upset at the same time. I also learned how to stay calm when a million things are going wrong at the same time. Being in the classroom taught me patience. I already had it, but only with one or two kids at a time, but having it with 15 or more is a little more challenging. I learned also that I can be a teacher because I loved being in that classroom so much. Everyday that I had to be there early I did not mind it because see my students smiling faces made it worth it. I feel I felt being with these students I will never forget. One thing that is almost definite is that I do not want to teach preschool. I loved being there, but I want to stay with the my students all day and also make up more of a lesson plan. In preschool I might teach different classes every other day which might make it difficult to make lesson plans because you do not want one class to become farther that than the other class. I loved my experience at my preschool it made my choice of becoming a teacher even more prevalent than it had already been.

No comments:

Post a Comment