Help Me

I need all of your help to bwe a succesful teacher. I would appreciate any kind of feedback good or bad.

Thanks

Monday, April 26, 2010

Gym Time

Gym time in pre-school has a lot of chaos and was way more than I thought. When I first went to gym with my students I was a little nervous. The kids have this little bikes and tricycles and they just go around and around in a circle. As soon as I walk in the door my teacher goes watch your toes. She was defiantly right I had to dodge all the bikes to make it to the other side of the room. I felt that this was quit dangerous because in the middle of the room is a play area with soft padding and kids are playing on there. The dangerous part is that the students in the middle sometimes come off the mates and run around with the bikes. Sometimes kids get run over or hit, but no one has figured out a better solution for this chaos. Then about 15 minutes into gym time they park the bikes and are able to play with the different balls in the room. This part of play time is not too bad, but sometimes kids get hit with the balls because kids are playing catch and the others are running in the middle of the catch game. I think that gym time might be better by taking all the bikes away and having other toys for them to play with or have a structured type of gym. To make gym structured they could play different sports that all could participant in or having different exercises they can do.

No comments:

Post a Comment